I have made these multiple times and everyone loves them. You can use various pureed squashes (like turban or buttercup) instead of pumpkin – still amazing. I use regular eggs and regular oatmeal, but choose the version that fits your dietary needs.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (regular oats if you’re not sensitive)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 flax eggs (or 2 regular eggs)
- (Optional) dark chocolate mini chips to sprinkle on top before baking
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into greased donut pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes (12 minutes was better for our altitude)
- Let cool completely before removing from the donut pans.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way.
- You can also freeze them for up to 6 months.